February 18, 2011

Yummy Twix® - Cookies


I looooooove baking. It is THE most effective way for me to clear my head, plus usually I enjoy eating the outcome. So when I came across this post, I just knew I had to give these little calorie bombs a try.
I varied the recipe a little though as my baking soda was a bit out of date and I didn't want to waste an egg white. And these turned out great, soft on the inside, and a bit chewy with the biscuit chunks from the Twix®.

2 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2tsp. salt
Sieve all into bowl and set aside.
 
chop up
7 Twix® (= 14 Fingers, just so there is no misunderstanding)
first length wise, then into small chunks, as seen in picture below.


don't bother saving all the little biscuit-crumbs (I made sure there wasn't much chocolate in with the crumbs and fed them to our dog ;-) )
set the chuncks aside

now melt about
125 gr of butter
let it cool a little and stir in
1 1/3 cups of brown sugar
3 tbsp vanilla sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence

then whisk 
2 medium sized eggs in a separate cup
and stir in with the butter-mix
now add butter mix into bowl with flour and mix well

make half hand palm sized little flat balls and leave on baking sheet. Make sure you leave enough space between each one of them. I had two sheets of cookies in the end.
 
put into preheated oven at
180°C or 325°F for 12-15 min.
don't let them get to brown around the edges


let them cool completely on tray before putting them into storage.

Or enjoy straight away with a cuppa double choc mocha.




2 comments: