March 05, 2011

Cranberry-Oatmeal-Cookies Part 1



A few months back my Husband went on a business trip to Portland and Seattle, and he brought back those absolutely amazing cranberry-and-oatmeal cookies. Seriously, I have not tasted anything like it. Now one could argue it was, because I was pregnant at the time, but I think if I tasted them now they would be just as yummy!

Anyway I wanted to try to make some myself ever since. This is my first attempt. They tasted good, but not yet up to the high standard these portland/seattle ones set. So there will be at least one more try...


I had one for breakfast this morning when I took the dog out. I have gotten into the habit of bringing my cup and a cookie or muffin with me every morning. This often seems to be the most peaceful meal of my day, even though I am out walking. Anyone who ever stated kids where no full time job LIED (or is lucky to have one of these (boring?) babies, that do nothing but sleep and feed all day/night ;-) )


This is how I made them:
Sieve into big bowl:
2 cups of plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/3 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tbsp baking soda
and mix well and set aside

take another bowl, melt
125gr of butter
mix with
3/4 cups of brown sugar and

1/2 cup of white sugar

take a cup and whisk:

2 tsp vanilla essence,
2 tbsp milk and

2 medium eggs


mix content of cup in with content of bowls. Mix well. Add
2 cups non-crunch-choc-chip-and-oats muesli and
1 cup of cranberries


make half hand palm sized little flat balls and leave on baking sheet. Make sure you leave enough space between each one of them. I had two sheets of cookies in the end.

Preheat oven to 180°C/325°F and bake them for 12-15 min. The edges should be golden.




No comments:

Post a Comment