June 20, 2011

Pineapple-Curry-Soup (vegan)

Oh THIS was soooo Yummy! I cooked this just before we left for our trip, I was so sure I had taken a picture, but I can't find one :-( But just because you cant see what it will look like, should not stop you from trying this! I know I am repeating myself but OMG this was just too yummy.

You remove the seeds of
half a red chilli and chop it really small. Add it and
one well heaped tbsp lemongrass paste into a frying pan together with
1 level tbsp Ginger (dried or fresh, in the case of the latter, of course, peeled and chopped) and
1 can of roughly 200 gr pineapple, chopped. Fry it at high heat in
3 tbsp of olive oil for a couple of minutes.
Then add previously soaked soy medallions. I soaked 10 of them, for the two of us, in a mix of vegetable stock with cayenne pepper, coriander, turmeric for about 10 minutes. you have to drain your medallions before you add them, do not add the stock mix to your soup!
Then I let it all simmer for about 15 minutes on low heat. Add
400 ml coconut milk and
250 ml boiling water
1 heaped tbsp Curry
and let it cook for another 5 minutes. Take out the medallions and
then use the blender until you have a homogen soup.
Add 20 gr of brown sugar and a little
salt and pepper and your medallions. Enjoy!




1 comment: